February 26, 2020
February 25, 2020
The Provincial Health Officer and Minister of Health issued a joint statement yesterday regarding updates on COVID-19 in B.C. The statement includes updated guidance for all travellers returning to B.C., from any destination, to monitor themselves and their children closely for symptoms. The Provincial Health Officer also reiterates that the risk of spread of this virus within the province continues to remain low.
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.'s provincial health officer, have issued the joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in British Columbia:
• Given the changing dynamics of the outbreak in China and globally, and recognizing we are in the midst of influenza season, we ask all travellers who are returning to B.C. — no matter where they were in the world — to monitor themselves and their children closely for symptoms. If any symptoms arise, limit their contact with others and contact their primary care provider, local public health office or call 811. This is an important way to reduce the possibility of transmission of illness to others.
• The B.C. Provincial Health Officer is advising that the risk is low within British Columbia and all necessary precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of infection.
• The Provincial Health Officer is advising travellers who have been to China in the past 14 days to monitor themselves and their children closely for symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, cough and breathing difficulties), and to contact their public health office if they have any concerns. Anyone who is concerned they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of, the coronavirus (COVID-19) should contact their primary care provider, local public health office or call 811. Translation services for 811 are available in more than 130 languages.
• A toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) has been established to answer questions from Canadians about the COVID-19 virus. Service is available from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m
• Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus
• BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
• Government of Canada - Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/healthsafety/travel-health-notices/210
February 18, 2020
September 2020 - January 2021 for school-age grade 11/12 students. Click here for more information and if interested please contact Rhiannon Cockayne at email@example.com. The application deadline has been extended to March 13th.
February 3, 2020
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
What is it and what can we do about it?
Kim Fitzer, M.Sc., Jessica Carmichael, M.Sc & Dr. Jennie Preuss, M.D., FRCPC
Friday, March 6th, 2020 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Saanich Learning Centre
1649 Mt Newton X Road
Please RSVP to Saanich Child and Youth Mental Health Reception: 250-952-5073
*Free workshop. Please bring lunch*
January 24, 2020
Tours of local industries are for 1-2 hours on various dates, starting Feb 5th through to Mar 12th. Interested students are to register on their own and arrange for their own transportation. There will be no school district supervision for these tours.
- Epicure Feb 5th 1pm - 2pm
- Applied Bio-nomics Feb 6th 12:30 - 1:30
- Redlen Mar 3rd 10:30 -12:30
- AML Oceanographic Mar 4th 10:30 am - 11:30
- Canoe Cove Mar 5th 10:30 - 11:30
- Quester Tangent Mar 10th 12:30 - 1:30
- VIH Helicopters Mar 11th 10:30 - 11;30
- Schneider Electric Mar 12th 10:30 - 11:30
Please email Rhiannon Cocakyne firstname.lastname@example.org if you register and if you have any questions. Register online in the Events list for the Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce. https://www.peninsulachamber.ca/events/#!event-listhttps://www.peninsulachamber.ca/events/#!event-list
January 20, 2020
The Peninsula Track & Field Club is offering Cross Country training for the 2020 track and field season.
TRACK RASCALS - MAY 5th - MAY 28th. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Ages 6-8 years, born in 2012/13/14.
JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT - APRIL 2nd - MID JULY Tuesdays & Thursdays.Ages 9 -15, born in 2005 - 2011.
Contact: Lesley Foster - email@example.com for information.
Fiona Schandl - firstname.lastname@example.org for registration - 250-665-6964 For further information see: www.pentrack.org