May 16, 2019
The south exit to the front parking lot at the Royal Oak Campus will be closed from May 16 until May 22nd. The Travino Lane entrance and exit remain open and both parking lots can still be accessed from Travino Lane.
May 15, 2019
Encounters With Canada is an opportunity for Canadian teens to meet other young people from around the country. The 2019-20 program is now on their website. If you would like to learn more about the program, or dates of the travel opportunities offered, please go tohttps://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en.
Currently there is a limited time special promotion price of $750 that will be given on a first come basis for all sessions including Experience Canada. Students must be under the age of 18 at the time they go on the experience. If you are interested please contact Michelle Shuck at email@example.com.
May 1, 2019
The following courses will close on June 15, 2019. Due to the mandatory curriculum changes we are no longer able to assign credit for this course after that time. No extensions will be offered. If you have any questions, please contact your teacher.
- Accounting 11
- BC First Nations Studies 12
- Communications 11
- Comparative Civilizations 12
- English First Peoples 11
- English First Peoples 12
- English Literature 12
- Entrepreneurship 12
- Family Studies 12
- Social Studies 11
April 5, 2019
Saanich School District has been successfully welcoming International students for almost 20 years.
Our success has led to increased enrollment in our program. As such, we are hoping to entice more warm and caring families to host our next group of students.
Host families not only receive reimbursement of $925 per month but also enjoy the unique opportunity to learn about other cultures while sharing Canada with their students.2019 Homestay Recruiting Poster.pdf
February 20, 2019
The BC Ministry of Education has extended the deadline for English 12 and Communications 12. What does this mean for you?
- Registration for the old curriculum English 12 and Communications 12 will remain open until May 31st, 2019. Orientation courses must be completed by June 23rd, 2019. These courses require students to write a provincial exam. The full course and accompanying provincial exams must be completed before June 2020.
- Registration for the new curriculum English Studies 12 course opens July 1, 2019. This course does not have a provincial exam or literacy exam if completed by June 2020.
- Registration for the newly developed Adult English Studies 12 course will open March 1st, 2019. Adult students who enrol in the new course (March 1st) are not required to write a provincial exam or literacy exam. Adult Sudents already enrolled may be required to write the provincial, depending on the program they're going into.
February 1, 2019
If you are a SIDES student, and you plan to graduate by August 2019 of this school year, Grad Transitions must be completed by June 15, 2019 in order to receive credit for this course. If you do not have credit for this course, you will not be able to graduate.
Please contact Michelle Shuck mshuck@Saanichschools.ca if you need to be enrolled in Grad Transitions.