Life Sciences 11
Rhiannon Cockayne, Chloe Faught & Tejinder Hari
It is recommended that students complete Science 10.
Biology: Life Sciences 11 (previously Biology 11) is an online, media-rich course designed to meet the new BC Life Sciences 11 Curriculum (2018). The course offers interactive lessons, a variety of guided activities, assignments and labs, and rubric-based assessment. There are learning guides to assist in note taking throughout the course.
This course consists of seven units that incorporate the Big Ideas of Life, Evolution and Organisms.
- Unit One- Introduction & Evolution
- Unit Two- Viruses & Bacteria
- Unit Three- Protists & Fungi
- Unit Four- Seedless Plants
- Unit Five- Seed Plants
- Unit Six- Animals I (Porifera, Cnidaria, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda, Annelida)
- Unit Seven- Animals II (Mollusca, Echinodermata, Arthropoda, Chordata)
Biology: Life Sciences 11 is a self-paced course and students can begin throughout the year. Students are expected to finish their course within a one-year period.
There are 5 tests in this course. Two of them require supervision with proctoring software called Integrity Advocate. You do not need to come to SIDES to write any of these tests. Further instruction will be provided in the course.
Orientation Course 8%
Unit 1 Evolution Test 5%
Unit 2 Viral Replication Graph Assignment 4%
Unit 2 Inquiry Question 2%
Unit 3 Protista Biological Drawings 4%
Unit 3 Bread Mold Formal Lab Report 5%
Unit 2 & 3 Supervised Test 15%
Unit 4 Seedless Plants Biological Drawing
Unit 4 Seedless Plants Unit Test 8.5%
Unit 5 Flower Dissection Lab 1%
Unit 5 Plant Dichotomous Key Assignment 3%
Unit 5 Seed Plants Unit Test 8.5%
Unit 6 Earthworm Dissection Activity 2%
Unit 7 Squid Virtual Dissection 5%
Unit 7 Frog Virtual Dissection 5%
Unit 6 & 7 Supervised Test 15%
Biology 11 Final Inquiry Reflection 5%
- Basic Technical Requirements
- Reliable high-speed Internet
- Up-to-date computer and software
- Student must have their own email address
Click here to view the learning standards.