Student Support Services
SIDES Student Services provides a highly reputable program for students designated in the low incidence category. The program depends upon the active involvement of a parent or home facilitator to support the student in his or her educational goals.
Students with the following designated special needs may enroll:
- moderate/severe/profound intellectual disabilities;
- physical disabilities;
- chronic health impairments;
- sensory impairments;
- autism spectrum disorder;
- dependency problems; and/or
- emotional/mental health problems.
- to provide an appropriate home-based educational program for our students; and,
- to provide all of our students with assistive and adaptive technologies that will enable them to function as independently as possible.
SIDES Student Services Philosophy:
- Technology use is essential and must be available if students with severe disabilities are to achieve personal and academic independence;
- flexible timelines, workload, and curriculum access enable students to achieve success;
- some students benefit when SIDES can partner with a neighbourhood school to provide blended educational opportunities where part-time attendance in a regular school is possible and beneficial.
NOTE: Students must apply and, if accepted, enter the program prior to September 30 each year. After September 30, students may register with a SIDES teacher in the regular program and ask to be placed on a wait list for Student Service.
* Click here to view the student services funding model