SIDES Middle School Grades 7 -9
The SIDES Middle School program is located at our Beaver Lake Campus, 4828 W. Saanich Road, about two kilometers north of SIDES' Royal Oak Campus. Please contact us at 250-479-7125.
The SIDES Middle School Program follows the BC Ministry of Education curriculum and includes current and relevant supporting resources. Because SIDES is a BC public school, there is no cost to BC residents for the program.
SIDES Middle School Program Options
There are many reasons parents choose SIDES as an option for educating their middle school-age children. Families typically consider students' personal and educational needs, students' learning styles, and the family's home situation when making educational choices. Some family circumstances may make it difficult for students to attend a neighbourhood school, including families travelling or living temporarily away from their usual home. To meet the needs of all students, SIDES offers a variety of program options. SIDES teachers will be happy to work with you and your child in planning a program that assures a successful learning journey.
- guidance and support from a BC-certified teacher;
- frequent contact with teachers and classmates through email, phone, face-to-face meetings, and virtual 'live' classroom;
- opportunities for students to participate in group activities such as educational outings, scheduled curricular Fine Arts classes (ex., art, dance, drama), school picnics, talent shows, bike rodeos, and more); and support for learning;
- all learning materials are provided, covering all subjects;
- ongoing feedback and assessment of student work;
- evaluation of student progress through formal reporting as required by Ministry guidelines;
- an Individualized Learning Plan that best suits student needs, including a plan for those students with special needs, learning challenges, and exceptional abilities;
- support for the use of technology for communication and learning;
- support for approved Fine Arts, Physical Education, Technology and/or educational activities that support the Prescribed Learning Outcomes in the student's Individualized Learning Plan.