Who may register with SIDES?
- Any school-age student residing in British Columbia may register with SIDES.
- Students must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Residents of British Columbia who are traveling or living outside British Columbia are eligible to register with SIDES for two consecutive years, but the student, parent, or legal guardian must show evidence they are "ordinarily resident" in BC. (Note: All students who register with SIDES must demonstrate "ordinarily resident" status by providing a current Driver's License, recent utility bill with name and address on the bill, or ownership/renter documentation indicating the parents' name(s) and home address.)
- Parents may register their child as a "home-schooled" student with SIDES. For more information, please visit the Ministry of Education web site.
Can students be registered in more than one school?
- Students in grades 7 through 9 who are registered in another BC school may take a course or courses with SIDES. The SIDES course registration must be approved by the neighbourhood school; parents are responsible for taking the SIDES registration form to the student's neighbourhood school for signing. The neighbourhood school will be billed for the SIDES course(s).