Who may register with SIDES?
- Any school-age student residing in British Columbia may register with SIDES. Please note that children must be five years old by December 31st of the year of registration to enter their first year of school (kindergarten).
- Students must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Residents of British Columbia who are traveling or living outside British Columbia are eligible to register with SIDES for two consecutive years but the student, parent, or legal guardian must show evidence they are "ordinarily resident" in BC. (Note: All students who register with SIDES must demonstrate "ordinarily resident" status by providing a current Driver's License, recent utility bill with name and address on the bill, or ownership/renter documentation indicating the parents' name(s) and home address.)
- Parents may register their child as a "home-schooled" student with SIDES. For more information, please visit the Ministry of Education web site.
Can students be registered in more than one school?
- In some circumstances a partnership with a neighbourhood school is possible after consultation with administrators from both schools.